Friday 1 February 2013

Hopping back

Well helloo there! Much has been going on over the last couple of months at Rabbit-Bartimaeus HQ. Most significantly, we are, as the above image suggests, expecting a new arrival in June! I've generally been struggling with sickness, nausea (er, I'm well into the second trimester and I am supposed to feel "amazing" now?) which partly explains yet another blog hiatus, but other than that I am well and we are so excited.

I've not yet gone crazy with baby purchases but I did have to pick up a couple of things from the Peter RABBIT collection for Baby Gap. I used to read the story of Peter Rabbit to my brother when he was a baby (it began a lifelong dislike of chamomile tea, which was unfortunate as I used to have to drink it for my migraines, bleurgh). I especially like the babygrow, because, being the spawn of Bartimaeus, there's a good chance the Mini Bun is going to add substantially to my grey hairs.



I've been reigning in the clothes spending, for obvious reasons, but I am really enjoying makeup at the moment so expect nail posts and pictures of my mug coming up soon. I've also been putting together a compilation of songs for the baby, and have been reading a lot more, so reviews and bits of music may also find their way here.

How are you all?

12 comments:

  1. Awww I'm sue Emma has that hat for Alex xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does indeed! we've always had similar taste in clothes so it stands to reason we have the same taste in baby clothes too! :)

      Delete
  2. Awwww that hat and babygro are so cute! Congratulations to both of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, another June baby, mine is due on the 5th, when's yours?
    We didnt find out the sex (not for want of trying)at the scan so I'm finding it hard to get enthusiastic about buying anything, not that i'd make it all pink or blue anyway, but I guess i'm just not feeling it!
    I also started up a 'baby blog' with a friend who has a 3 month old, its here: www.therealisticmumsclub.com

    give me a shout if you ever want to compare/rant/chat about anything! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will take a look and subscribe to that!

      I'm due on 28th (so it will probably be a July baby as they say the first is always late?) Not had the 20 wk scan yet so I opted for gender neutral colours - but am not a huge fan of the blue/pink obsession anyhow. We do want to find out, but it might be that "maternal build" (i.e. FAT) gets in the way ;) You'll be inundated with stuff as gifts so I reckon it's best not to go crazy with the purchases until they've arrived anyway! xxx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to see pictures of your baby in the hat, ir is so adorable.
    I really feel for you with the sickness, i was ill right up until i had Alex and it was horrible. I hope yours eases soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Emma, if the pics are half as cute as yours of Alex I'll be happy! I bought them both in 6-12m as a summer baby will have to wait a while to wear a woolly hat!

      Oof - sorry to hear you suffered all the way through. I'm definitely not as bad as I was (6/7 times a day at the beginning) so am managing - it's only that commuting is rather grim!

      Delete
  6. Spawn of Bartimaeus, excellent :D I absolutely adore the hat and babygro as already said elsewhere!

    I think the idea of a compilation of songs for the aforementioned spawn is absolutely great, I'd love to see what you come up with :)

    Really sorry the nausea hasn't settled down yet, that must be rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and again (especially when Bartimaeus is being particularly megalomaniacal) I wonder about whether to call it Damien...

      will post up songs soon - rather an eclectic mix! xxx

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.