Thursday 5 January 2012

2012 - 20 things I'm looking forward to!

Rather than resolutions which always seem a bit grim and always end in a sense of failure, I thought I would list instead the things I'm looking forward to this year. I'm very excited about the year ahead, for one major reason in particular, that I will be marrying my soulmate and daemon-in-human-form, known to you as Bartimaeus. Nowt can really beat that. What are you looking forward to?

1. Getting married to Bartimaeus
2. 60th anniversary celebrations of the 1952 Bengali Language Movement (more on that soon)
3. The UK arrival of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters (deeply excited about these)
4. Maintaining the creative writing I restarted after 10 years on 1 Jan this year


5. Reading lots of interesting books on my lovely new Kindle
6. Meeting and making new friends, which has been a wonderful feature of late 2011
7. Adding some flakie topcoats to my nail collection
8. Trying more pretty takes on nail art
9. The Muppets movie
10. Adding to my vintage jewels collection via Hepwrights, Southampton
11. Writing my weekly lists in my new customised Moleskine work diary (tea-themed stickers? oh yes!)



12. Spending time with my beloved friends and family
13. Filling up a fifth of this amazing thing my sister bought me for Christmas:



14. Writing more blog posts on culture and books as well as nails and dresses
15. Tom Ford Black Orchid
16. Getting hold of a star nail magnet
17. Doing more fascinating archival research on East London
18. Getting involved in lots of community events and groups in London and Southampton
19. Downton Abbey series three
20. Being married to Bartimaeus
 
Do comment and let me know what you're looking forward to this year!

2 comments:

  1. awwww these are such nice things to look forward to xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing things! That "A Line a Day" book looks very interesting! Yay for flakie polishes! Its so rewarding to get involved with community groups/projects. Good luck and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.