Thursday 11 February 2010

Alexander McQueen, RIP

Such a loss for fashion. One of the most original talents of his generation, whose clothes were both beautiful and innovative. I've posted about his collections before, but he really managed to combine the things I love about fashion: fantasy, gothic, femme fatale, magic. I thought his last collection, inspired by evolution, was astounding in its ambition, originality and courage.

I'm saddened that we'll see no more.

Rest in peace, Lee McQueen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.