Tuesday 19 January 2010

It's Commute-Time! Ups and Downs

Here I am, heading back from my first trip to the office of 2010! If I enjoyed working from home I'd be pretty chuffed by that, but I don't much, alas. I just wish Canterbury was a bit closer!

Anyway, I also haven't done an Up/Down post in a while so voila:

Up

Bartimaeus

Not up as such, but I do love him more than ever. He's been working really hard of late and I'm so proud of him. I feel truly blessed. Which is odd phrasing for an atheist, but I do.

Glee

I felt a little bereft when Ugly Betty/Project Runway/House/ANTM all either finished or went on hiatus at the same time, but NO LONGER! This show could have "Made for the Rabbit" as its title, and each of the three eps I've watched so far haa whizzed past far too quickly.

Spring clothes

Hurray for a way girlier season, thanks to Luella (RIP one of my favourite labels, your spirit lives on on the high street). Polka dots, florals and sugar sweet shades ahoy!

Being busy

Lots to do at the moment in terms of work and also home responsibilities, but I'm so much more productive and happy when I have lots on.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Again, it's got Poco Rabbit written all over it (and yes, I am generally anxious about punctuality too). Even though it's out in March I'm excited already!

Down

Lack of aid getting through to Haiti

I struggle to find the words to express my sympathy, sadness and solidarity. So I'm going to donate instead. I only wish things would start moving and that every time a disaster occurs, we were't so slow to respond.

30% cut in higher education funding

Scary times. It's not like it's not been hard enough to get a job as a lecturer. I do wonder exactly who Mandelson thinks is going to teach their target of 50% university attendees.

Eyelid eczema

Bleurgh. I have this right now after wearing makeup three days on the trot (crazy, me) and now can't wear any until it's cleared. I look rubbish.

I usually do 5 Ups and 5 Downs but I think at the moment I have a lot more to be thankful for than complain about.















Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. I want to watch Glee! The cut in HE funding is absolutely rubbish! They were getting rid of lots of staff at our uni too :( Sad times!

    PS- I don't know why I don't think I am girly. Perhaps because I am not fond of pink? Lol. I admit, it's a crap reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for Alice in Wonderlands. I hope your eyelid clears up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about Alice in Wonderland too and Spring clothes, in fact just Spring in general!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.